5.21.2014

Memories of my grandfather...


I was his first grandchild. He married my grandmother at seventeen and brought her home with him.  He drove a white fiat. He enjoyed spending time in his flower garden and grew many plum trees. He loved when my grandmother wore high heels ( he was shorter than her). Crossword puzzles were stacked up in the middle of the dining room table with a pen nearby. Because of him I started running at the age of ten. He loved good company and good food.  Polenta with freshly chopped onion on top and a dollop of sour cream, was one of his favorites in the morning. You had to be silent when he watched the news. He owned encyclopedias on different mushroom species. We always went walnut picking together in the fall. I inherited his camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment